At Sheet Metal Workers Local 219, we take pride in the job we do and make training and safety our priority.
- OSHA 30– Online – http://clicksafety.com/courses/detail/osha-30-hour-construction. If you have a copy of your OSHA 30 card, please make sure the hall has a copy. Everyone is required to have their OSHA 30 by June 1, 2020.
- COMET Construction Organizing Membership Education Training. Understanding why ever member’s participation is important to the success in building a stronger union and how, through increased union density, we can negotiate better contracts and expand the power of local union influence. Wednesday, November 4th. Class time starting at 4:30pm. Instructor: Todd Whitlock.
- Intro to Bluebeam – Bluebeam is a software used for measuring, mark up drawings, measuring, and annotating drawings electronically. Nov. 16th, 18th, 23rd & 25th. Monday and Wednesday nights from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Instructor: Mike Sneed
- Fire, Smoke and Damper Technician (Formerly Fire Life Safety Level 1) – Dec. 1st, 3rd, 8th & 10th. Tuesday and Thursday nights from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Instructor: Mike Ransom
- Cont. Education Welding – This class is available to improve any skill level in GMAW, GTAW, or SMAW. Jan. 5th, 7th, 12th, 14th, 19th & 21st. Tuesday and Thursday nights from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Instructor: Bryan Conery.
- Practical Wiring for HVAC – Practical wiring for 24v and 120v circuits commonly found in HVAC components. Feb. 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th. Thursday nights from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Instructor: Scott Magnuson.
- Rigging and Signaling – Feb. 25th, March 2nd & 4th. 3 nights, starting at 4:30pm to 8:00pm Instructor: Mike Ransom.
- Superheat/Subcooling – Learning how to properly charge equipment using superheat and subcooling. March 31st, April 1st, 7th & 8th. Wednesday and Thursday nights from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Instructor: Tim Fletcher.
- CFC Prep and Testing – Preparing for CFC testing. Instructor: Tim Fletcher. April 6th and 12th prep. April 13th Test.
- Scissor & Boom Lift Certification – TBD in late April.
- FREE online courses offered through the iTi to use for 4 hours of continued education visit: https://www.sheetmetal-iti.org/catalog/default.asp
All Journeyman please use Journeyman continued education timesheet to track your 4-hours of continued education. When complete please turn into the hall.