At Sheet Metal Workers Local 219, we take pride in the job we do and make training and safety our priority.
1. OSHA 30– Online – http://clicksafety.com/courses/detail/osha-30-hour-construction. If you have a copy of your OSHA 30 card, please make sure the hall has a copy. Everyone is required to have their OSHA 30 by June 1, 2020.
2. Cont. Education Welding This class is available to improve any skill level in GMAW, GTAW, or SMAW – Jan. 24th, 26th, 31st, Feb. 2nd, 7th & 9th, 2023. Tuesday and Thursday nights from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Instructor: Bryan Conery.
3. Practical Wiring for HVAC – Practical wiring for 24v and 120v circuits commonly found in HVAC components. Feb. 2nd, 9th, 16th &23rd, 2023. Thursday nights from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Instructor: Scott Magnuson.
4. Superheat/Subcooling –Learning how to properly charge equipment using superheat and subcooling. March 1st, 8th, 15th &22nd, 2023 – Wednesday nights from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Instructor: Tim Fletcher.
5. CFC Testing – Tuesday, April 11, 2023starting at 4:30pm. Instructor: Tim Fletcher.
6. Scissor & Boom Lift Certification – This class will be split between a four-hour online class and a 4 hour hands-on skill demonstration. Members receive certifications for Forklift and Mobile Elevated Work Platform including Aerial and scissor lifts. The hands-on portion of the class will be held Thursday April 27th, 2023.
7. Trimble X7 Scanner –Thursday, April 13th, 2023 from 4:30pm – 8pm. Instructor: Keegan Knoup.
8. Trimble Robotic Total Station – Thursday, April 20th, 2023 from 4:30pm – 8pm. Instructor: Keegan Knoup.
9. Boiler Flue Installation – Tuesday, April 25th, 2023 from 4:30pm -8pm. Instructor: Gary Glidden.
10. Retirement in your future – This class is for anyone who is looking to retire and/or has questions about retirement. Class is open to member and spouse. Tuesday, January 17, 2023 from 4:30pm – 8pm. Instructor: Debbie LaFew.
11. Intro to Laser Welding – Thursday, February 16 at 4:30pm. One night of introduction to laser welding and laser safety followed by a sign-up sheet for hands on booth time.
12. CPR – Saturday, March 4th, Saturday, March 18th or Saturday April 1st. 8am – 12pm.
- FREE online courses offered through the iTi to use for 4 hours of continued education visit: https://www.sheetmetal-iti.org/catalog/default.asp
All Journeyman please use Journeyman continued education timesheet to track your 4-hours of continued education. When complete please turn into the hall.