At Sheet Metal Workers Local 219, we take pride in the job we do and make training and safety our priority.
1. OSHA 30– Online – http://clicksafety.com/courses/detail/osha-30-hour-construction. If you have a copy of your OSHA 30 card, please make sure the hall has a copy. Everyone is required to have their OSHA 30 by June 1, 2020.
2. COMET Construction Organizing Membership Education Training – Understanding why ever member’s participation is important to the success in building a stronger union and how, through increased union density, we can negotiate better contracts and expand the power of local union influence.Wednesday, November 3rd. Class time starting at 4:30pm. Instructor: Todd Whitlock.
3. Intro to Bluebeam Bluebeam is a software used for measuring, mark up drawings, measuring, and annotating drawings electronically. Wednesday, Nov. 17th and Monday, Nov. 22nd from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Instructor: Keegan Knoup
4. Fire, Smoke and Damper Technician (Formerly Fire Life Safety Level 1) – Oct. 19th, 21st, 26th, 28th & Nov. 4th. Tuesday and Thursday nights from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Instructor: Mike Ransom.
5. Cont. Education Welding This class is available to improve any skill level in GMAW, GTAW, or SMAW – Jan. 25th, 27th, Feb. 1st, 3rd, 8th & 10th. Tuesday and Thursday nights from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Instructor: Bryan Conery.
6. Practical Wiring for HVAC Practical wiring for 24v and 120v circuits commonly found in HVAC components. Feb. 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th. Thursday nights from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Instructor: Scott Magnuson
7. Rigging and Signaling – Nov. 9th, 11th, 16th & 18th. Tuesdays and Thursday nights from 4:30pm to 8:00pm Instructor: Mike Ransom.
8. Superheat/Subcooling – Learning how to properly charge equipment using superheat and subcooling. March 2nd, 9th, 16th & 23rd. Wednesday nights from 4:30pm to 8:00pm. Instructor: Tim Fletcher.
9. CFC Testing – Tuesday, April 12th starting at 4:30pm. Instructor: Tim Fletcher.
10. Scissor & Boom Lift Certification –TBD in early April 2022.
11. Duct Design – TBD Jan. 2022, 1-2 nights.
12. Residential Install – TBD Feb. 2022, 2 nights.
- FREE online courses offered through the iTi to use for 4 hours of continued education visit: https://www.sheetmetal-iti.org/catalog/default.asp
All Journeyman please use Journeyman continued education timesheet to track your 4-hours of continued education. When complete please turn into the hall.